From Tahajjud To Love: The Story Of A Long Awaited Duʿā by Gbosheye


For more than 10 years, I prayed for one thing: a good wife.
There were times I would sit alone and wonder, “Ya Allah, why is it so difficult to find a good wife?”
Sometimes, I cried.
Sometimes, the waiting became heavy.
But I never stopped praying.
There are two Qur’ānic verses that have always been very close to my heart. I used to repeat them constantly, especially during Tahajjud, asking Allah to grant me what was best for me.

One of them is from Qur’an 25:74:
«“Our Lord, grant us from our spouses and offspring comfort to our eyes and make us an example for the righteous.”»
And the other is from Qur’an 2:201:
«“Our Lord, give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter, and protect us from the punishment of the Fire.”»
Wallāhi, I love these two verses so much.

I listened to different scholars from Nigeria and beyond explaining their meanings and how they could be incorporated into our duʿā. Since then, I have loved reciting them during my Tahajjud, especially when my heart was full of hope and longing.
Then came the waiting...
For years, I cried about this matter in my sujūd.
I asked Allah for a woman who would not only be beautiful, but also possess good character, wisdom, courage, and a sound understanding of Islam.

Interestingly, I had always admired the character of sisters from Oyo Town. I had heard and seen qualities that I deeply appreciated, and somewhere in my heart, I began to dream that perhaps my future wife would come from there.
But I did not go out desperately searching.
I made my duʿā and left the matter with Allah.
Because I believe that Allah knows me better than I know myself.
He knows what I need.
He knows what will benefit me.
He knows what my heart desires.
He knows what I cannot even put into words.
He created me when nobody knew me.
He knew my story before I ever began writing it.
And I knew that without Him, I could achieve nothing.
I learned to trust Allah's timing.
Over the years, through studying my religion, learning about different faiths, listening to scholars, and gaining wisdom from elderly and experienced people, I came to understand something:
If a man truly wants a righteous wife, he must first learn to be honest with Allah, sincere in his intentions, and completely dependent upon Him.
So I became very specific in my duʿā.
I knew the kind of woman I wanted.
There were qualities I continuously asked Allah for—qualities I could not even explain to people.
I only mentioned one thing to a few people: that I had always dreamed of marrying a sister from Oyo Town.
But beyond that, most of what I asked Allah for remained between me and my Lord.
It was a private conversation between a servant and his Creator.
Then...
Allah answered.
Alhamdulillāhi Rabbil-ʿĀlamīn. ❤️
The same Allah whom I cried to in my sujūd...
The same Allah whom I asked again and again...
The same Allah whom I trusted when I could not understand the delay...
He answered my duʿā.
And that is where the story begins.
This is not just a story about how I met a woman.
It is a story about duʿā, patience, trust, Allah's timing, and a prayer that took more than ten years to unfold.
And believe me...
This is only the beginning.
There is so much more to tell you about this beautiful journey.
Stay with me. ❤️
— To be continued... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond Religion: Are You Truly Ready For Marriage A Letter To The Bachelors Of This Generation By Mutohhir Olanrewaju Abdulhamid

I Write by Latifah Adelani Omolade